Thursday, January 3, 2008

In Peru for a Month?

What could one possibly do in Peru for a month? I suggested a few ideas to the pastor, he suggested a couple more, and then ended by saying "and there is so much more." I know there are surprises headed my way. Here are the things that I do know about.

• Visit 85 St. Monica-sponsored families and determine their needs (bless houses)
• Do a retreat for the staff
• Do a retreat for 70 social ministers from villages
• Do retreat for 15 men at Vida Nueva (drug rehab)
• Lead lectio divina based on upcoming Sunday readings
• Bring Communion to the homebound
• Baptize
• Teach 12 baptism classes for children 8 - 14
• Investigate water system in Piura and villages
• Teach goddaughter about English and computers

I don't think that a month will be long enough, but I will have my first family waiting for my return.

No comments: