Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Day 15: Another retreat


Today I lead a retreat for about 40 staff members of the parish. It went super well because I had practiced on the village social workers the weekend before. The staff members really needed the retreat because it was for people who spend a large amount of their time taking care of others. They appreciated the time away from work and being able to share their inner feelings with one another in depth. Fr. Joe capped off the retreat with a talk and I actually understood half of it. Maybe those old brain cells can be changed.

This afternoon Marlit and I tried to get answers for padrinos. We also got more information about the St. Monica chapel here and what St. Monica Parish can do to improve the chapel.

The Santisimo Sacramento Parish rocks day and night. As I write this there is a charismatic group singing in the church with beautiful voices. People have to be gone by 10 p.m. This is a center for social as well as religious life.

I preached my second Wednesday homily tonight using the story of David and Goliath (Go-lee AHT). After every Mass I spend about an hour with my Peruvian family. And I HAD to kiss the orphan girls before Mass again. Somebody….

Photo: a mule pulling a cart with a tank of water for sale. Crops are also transported this way.

Hasta Jueves!

No comments: