Saturday, January 12, 2008

Day 4: Masses, Baptisms, Planning



This morning began with being deacon at Mass in a little rustic chapel in a village with about 50 people. At the end, Father repeated the manger dismantling as he at done in the parish. Of course, my family was there.

Later I met with a 20-something psychologist who is setting up the rehab retreat. Al I have to do is my part and everything else will workout. Thank you, God!

I baptized five young children tonight to my great delight. Fr. Joe asked if I would because he has seven Masses today, five of which are weddings. After I heard that schedule, I couldn’t say no.

This evening I am serving at the main evening Mass and then crashing at home.

Last night I talked to my wife for free on an Internet phone at the parish. It is hard to believe how far, but how close Peru is.

And the photo...all the young children here love you and their parents aren't concerned. Somebody has to do this job!

No comments: