Saturday, January 26, 2008

Day 18: Chapel, baptism, wedding


This morning I helped Fr. Uhen celebrate the first Mass in the St. Monica Chapel. I extended to them the greeting from St. Monica Parish and they send their greeting and thanks back to you. I told them that we are all on large Catholic Church extending all the way from Los Polverines village to Edmond, Oklahoma. I said that the whole parish has helped with the building of the chapel and its new roof and that some individuals had provided for the 44 new chairs that were in the chapel this morning. I said that missionaries coming in June will present a painting of St. Monica, herself, and that we are working on getting them a framed crucifix for the chapel. Last, but not least, I told them that we will begin feeding their children (106) breakfast for five days per week.

Dean missed the ride to the chapel so he worked all morning helping build booths for the parish’s stewardship fair for Sunday.

I baptized 8 children at 5 p.m., two of who Bill and Linda McKinney are the pardinos. Then I assisted in the wedding of the parents at 5:30 followed by a nice reception I also assisted at the 7 p.m. vigil Mass during which there was a wedding. Fr. Joe also did wedding Masses at 6 and 8. What a busy guy!

Photo: Dean Herzog and his Peruvian family

No comments: