Monday, June 20, 2011

Monday Afternoon


All sponsors met with their families for lunch at the San Jacinto retreat center. Missionaries with no Peruvian family got adopted by the rest of us. Fr. Joe began with jokes, but we decided that he should stick with preaching or get some tips from Fr. Ray.

After lunch we all did various things with our families. I took my family and my son’s family to a movie with many other sponsoring doing the same. We saw Panda in 3D. Many families had never been off the farm and were amazed at what they saw.

At evening Mass I thought I would have some time to myself when the orphan girls showed up and took both my hands. During Mass my family showed up and my goddaughter reclaimed my right hand. So many people loved me up to day that it is hard to express.

After 7 p.m. Mass we heard one of the early pastors of the parish preach. He was originally from the United States as were all pastors. He now lives in Lima. This is part of the yearlong celebration of the parish’s 50th anniversary.


Photo: really, this is the only one of the baptized who cried.

No comments: