Tuesday, June 21, 2011

General Thoughts

Many children come up to us and hug, kiss, and hold us. Since we are tall and they are short, their heads rest on our bellies. This year I have had a few pat my belly, look me in the eye, and say, "Gordo." You can look that up in a dictionary or figure it out knowing that I have to go on a diet when I get home.

My goddaughter is Mileny and I first met her when she was 2. She is now 12. We have been sending her to a private school for a few years. People have been telling me that she is quite smart compared to others her age who attend public school. She in now understanding some of my English and can say simple phrases to me in English. Her education is definitely paying off. I hope she can be the first in her family to break the cycle of poverty.

Blessings from God's people in Piura!

No comments: