Monday, June 16, 2008

Monday, Our First Work Day

And did we work today! It is winter here, but a hot 80 degrees with humidity. We had four groups working today. One group roofed the house of my daughter's house. They ran out of roofing and two workers decided to buy the rest of the roofing and finish the jobs. Being here with the people of God causes great generosity.

Robin Barry, two college girls from the midwest, and I spend the morning bring Communion to the homebound. I have visited the same people before, but something was very holy about our visits today. I wish I could capture the situation.

In the afternoon, Mark, Robert, and I delivered furniture to the homes of Deacon Jerry and Carol Ann Rakosky and of Tina Konzak. It was great to do this for sponsors that we know.

This evening was the mother of all fiestas. St. Monica Chapel was build by St. Monica parish and we daily feed the children of the surrounding village. The fiesta was great with all the dancing put on by the village plus their dancing with us. St. Monica parishioner have to visit Piura to experience their love of us. The Peruvians are a special beautiful people of God. Photos later.


No comments: