Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Day 28: More families and Mardi Gras


We finished visiting all families except for one we hope to get on Wednesday. Again, we saw families with almost nothing and some better off, but still very materially poor.

We leave Thursday evening and the day is already filling up. The guys at the rehab want to see me once more so I had to prepare a homily to go with the liturgy of the word. I could adlib in English, but not in Spanish.

Immediately after the rehab Fr. Joe and I are going to the orphanage for a Mass for the girls.

Last night was Mardi Gras for the staff. The meal was great and the fun was even better. The staff here is great and supporting and they do have fun.

I was late for the party because I had to help with marriage counseling with a family I know. Most of the Spanish flew by me, but I did get to say some things that I thought would help. Some new photos are available via the sidebar link.

Photo: a painting on the wall of the “narthex” by a famous local painter who died 18 months ago, but who trained others who use his technique.

No comments: