Friday, February 1, 2008

Day 23: Visiting more families and distributing clothes


Suddenly things got very busy and there was little time to write or check e-mail.

In the morning we visited more families. The first was REALLY poor with a large family having little to sleep on. Some of you will soon get a write up on your family with photos. We only have 19 more to visit and I think we can get them all in.

For lunch, Dean and I took Malit and Yani to their favorite restaurant. Dean and I had ceviche (!) and the chichas had Milanese chicken. It was a treat for all of us.

In the afternoon, we drove to the most remote village, La Piedra, and delivered clothes. About 180 women showed up and we did not have time for all of the to select clothing. As we drove around the village announcing our visit, donkey-pulled carts raced home to tell the women of our presence. I recognized some of the ladies since St. Monica has 24 sponsored families in La Piedra (The Rock). Come on mission and find out why that part of the area is called “the rock.”

My family and I made our last rip to the supermarket. I don’t think that the mom has yet caught on, but her 9-year-old daughter sure has.

Photo: Searching for clothes

More photos via links in sidebar.

No comments: